Adding, editing or removing a whiteboard during a call (Android mobile client)
During a call, you can add, edit or remove a whiteboard at any time via the Circuit app on your Android device.
- To add a whiteboard to the active call, tap the ellipsis (…) icon on the call action bar and then select Add whiteboard.
The whiteboard is added to the active call.
If no other participant shares their video or screen at that time, you can view the whiteboard displayed on the call stage. A set of tools are also displayed at the left of the call view and are available to you to edit it.
- If at the time the whiteboard is added to the call, another participant shares their video or screen, the whiteboard is not visible. Tap the Show whiteboard button located at the top of the call view to switch to the whiteboard.
- To have the toolbar with the whiteboard tools displayed, if not already, tap the ellipsis (…) icon on the call action bar and then select Edit whiteboard.
- Use the following tools to edit the whiteboard:
- Pencil: create a free draw
- Line: create straight lines
- Rectangle: create rectangles
- Ellipse: create ellipse
- Text: type text
Make sure you tap the check icon so that the text appears on the whiteboard.
- : insert image
- : insert background image
- Weight and color selector: select from a list of available options the line weight and color to be used when drawing free draws, lines, rectangles and ellipses
The weight and color selector icon changes according to the selected options.
- Clear whiteboard: clear the content that has been added to the whiteboard
- Undo: undo your last action
The toolbar is scrollable, so if you do not see all tools you need swipe the toolbar to see the missing part.
You can also collapse and restore the toolbar by using the and buttons to the bottom of it. When the toolbar is collapsed, you can still view the last selected drawing tool.
All changes you make on the whiteboard are shown to all call participants alongside your name.
- To navigate to the whiteboard:
- If the whiteboard tools are displayed, make sure that the Swipe left or right tool is selected.
- Swipe left or right on the whiteboard to see different parts of it.
- To close the toolbar, tap to the bottom of it.
- To remove the whiteboard from the conference:
- Tap the ellipsis (…) icon on the call action bar and then select Remove whiteboard.
- On the pop-up window that opens, tap OK to confirm that you really want to remove the whiteboard from the call.
- In case there is an active whiteboard when the call is ended and all the participants leave the call, the whiteboard is saved automatically. A new post is created in the conversation having the whiteboard attached in png format so that everyone in the conversation can access it.
Thank you for your rating.